How Viviscal Works
If your diet lacks specific nutrients, including vitamins, minerals or protein, it can affect the condition and strength of your hair. Viviscal dietary supplements supply vital nutrients to the hair follicle to prolong the anagen (growing) phase of the hair growth cycle, promoting existing hair growth.*
Viviscal dietary supplements nourish hair follicles from within in four stages. Users may notice a difference in as little as three or four months.*
- Stage 1- Nourishes hair follicles from within*
- Stage 2- Strengthens and promotes the growth of existing hair*
- Stage 3- Promotes the growth of hair that has slowed or stopped growing*
The Hair Growth Cycle
Hair grows from the follicle, or root, underneath the skin. The hair is ‘fed’ by blood vessels at the base of the follicle, which give it the nourishment it needs to grow. Between starting to grow and falling out years later, each hair passes through four stages: anagen, catagen, telogen and exogen. Every hair is at a different stage of the growth cycle.
Over time, the length of the anagen stage decreases. Therefore, the hair may become weaker and thinner after each cycle. That’s why it’s important to ensure your diet is rich in specific nutrients to maintain normal, healthy hair growth.
Anagen (Growing Phase)
The growing phase lasts two to seven years and determines the length of our hair.
Catagen (Transition Phase)
This is the transitional stage that lasts about ten days. The hair follicle shrinks and detaches from the dermal papilla.
- Telogen (Resting Phase) This is the resting phase which lasts around three months. Around 10-15 percent of hairs are in this phase. While the old hair is resting, a new hair begins the growth phase.
- Exogen (New Hair Phase) This is part of the resting phase where the old hair sheds and a new hair continues to grow. Approximately 50 to 150 hairs can fall out daily, this is considered to be normal hair shedding. If hairs enter the resting phase too early, excess shedding and noticeable thinning can occur.
Disclaimer: Manufacturers will periodically update product ingredients and change descriptions throughout a product's lifecycle. While we try our best to keep product descriptions up to date, they do not necessarily reflect the latest information available from the manufacturer. We are not responsible for incorrect or outdated product descriptions and/or images. It is your responsibility to know what products are legal or illegal in your country.
Note: In the event of a pricing error or fraud alert, we may refuse or cancel any orders placed for that item in accordance with our Terms & Conditions. We will notify you of any cancellation.
FDA: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.